Digital gaming for restaurants is a new and integral way to offer your customers the opportunity to interact with your brand, even when they’re not in your restaurant. By offering a kid-friendly branded gaming app, you create an opportunity for your brand to live on smartphones or tablets. This keeps your brand top of mind, as your logo is seen multiple times per day as customers scroll through their phones or when their kids are playing your branded game.
Gaming has become a top mobile activity, especially among kids. As part of an integrated family engagement program, digital investment is a great way to interact with your customers in a new and unique way, both in the restaurant and in your customers’ day-to-day lives.
With this in mind, here are the top six reasons why digital gaming should matter to your restaurant:
- Relevance: Digital gaming is an extremely relevant media tool among kids and families. According to Common Sense Media’s study Zero to Eight: Children’s Media Use in America, two years ago, 52 per cent of all children ages eight and under lived in a home where they had access to mobile media devices such as a smartphone or tablet. Today, that number has climbed to 75 per cent. Plus, the most common mobile media activity for children in this age group is playing games. Smartphones are the most frequently used device, although tablets are close behind.
- Revenue: Games can incorporate elements that stimulate loyalty, promote brand referral and drive repeat sales. And an engaging and addicting ‘sticky’ game will bring players back to the game again and again, stimulating brand awareness as well as referral-based purchases.
- Sustainability: In the current environment of ever-increasing social and eco-consciousness, it’s important for companies to become more accountable for environmental responsibility and for their carbon footprint. By pulling kids’ games into the digital arena, you are providing endless entertainment for your young guests without adding garbage to the landfills.
- PR: As digital games and apps deliver new and innovative brand experiences, they are garnering increased attention from the media. The power of social media also has a huge impact, which is proven by videos and apps like Chipotle’s The Scarecrow, which has over 13,000,000 views on YouTube to date, with no paid advertising to promote it.
- Engagement: Gaming can help address consumer perceptions, and share educational brand information with different audiences. Games also give you a highly effective communication channel that can evolve over time, growing as customers grow up: simple for kids under eight and more challenging for 8 to 12 year olds, with the addition of competitions and contests for those 13+.
- Relationships: Games can include an opt-in database, creating an actionable and targetable family segment. Every feature update is an opportunity for a new, direct, value-added communication to a highly valuable customer segment.
Only half of all restaurants have a mobile optimized website, and less than a third have a mobile app, according to eMarketer. This presents a large opportunity for restaurants to increase their digital exposure and deepen their interactions with customers, and digital engagement is emerging as a first-line strategy for consumer loyalty, communication and relationship building.
By Kidzsmart and published on RestoBiz Canada